Outdoor Daylight Images Of 1953-D Mint Mark Wheat Back Pennies

 


Here is another set of outdoor images I took of some old wheat back pennies. These are 1953-D mint mark wheaties. I experimented with how I was using the sunlight in this one. I sat in front of the sun when I took these but I still used the flash. This took out most of the shadow but I think it reduced the amount of photons hitting the coins and thus decreased the detail you can see here slightly. You can really see the difference from the last post I made when you look at the reverse side of the coin. See the difference in these wheat pennies images.


I'm still getting use to shooting outdoor coin images but luckily I have hundreds of more coins to practice on. I'm sure I'll get better as time goes by. Stick with this blog so you can see my progress and don't be afraid to point anything out if you see something I've missed. I'm always in the lookout for rare old American coins but I don't see to well and I can use all the help I can get.

Comments