Some 1940 No Mint Mark Wheat Back Pennies

 


Here are four average circulated condition 1940 no mint mark wheat back pennies. I tried to put the two that I thought were in the best condition at the top but let's face it none of these are in good shape. The lighting makes it look like the one on the top of right is in really great shape but that's not the case. It might be in good to fine condition but that's stretching it.


Compared to some 1940s wheat back pennies I've found these are still in pretty good shape though. I have found some with the date so worn down you couldn't even tell what decade they were from without looking at the coin with magnification.


I'm still learning about grading wheat pennies and I know that it's standard practice to look at both the obverse and the reverse side of the coin in order to make and accurate determination of the quality of the coin. But this just being a Blog where I show off the coins I've found through coin roll hunting I don't really feel like taking a second image of the reverse side of the coins.

Comments