Old 1951-D Wheat Back Pennies

 

I'm still going through my large collection of old wheat back pennies. Today I pulled out these 1951-D wheat pennies. These are all in decent shape for average circulated pennies. I can tell you from experience a lot of old coins that you find in bank rolls don't even look this good.


I think I'm getting used to using my smartphone camera. You can only go so so far with camera phone. And I think the quality of the pics for this blog are going to be satisfactory, there's always going to be some blur from the light source but until I get a better camera there's nothing I can really do about that.


As I go through the thousands of pennies I have I've noticed that Pennies from the 1930s and older are much rarer, so you probably won't see very many of my post with really old pennies until I get further into my collection. Hopefully by that time I will have become a lot better at making blog post, taking pictures and doing descriptions. In the meantime feel free to comment on anything here and if you see any errors or coins that look interesting please let me know.

Comments