Four 1952-D Wheat Back Pennies I Found Coin Roll Hunting


  It's hard for me to get motivated sometimes when I'm doing posts for this coin blog. I don't think most people realize how hard it is to put together a website like this and how much time it takes to put together blog posts every single day.

These 1952-D wheat back pennies came from bank rolls I had to pick up from the bank. I had to drag these heavy boxes of coins home after work. Then I had to open these paper rolls and seperate these old copper cents so I could find the valuable ones. This is called coin roll hunting for those of you that are new to this hobby. After that I take back the rest of the coins and drop them in the coin counter. Then I had to set these one cent coins up just right to get an image of them. Then I have to post that pic here and create a blog post that hopefully sounds interesting.

Then I sit back and hope I get some traffic and if I'm lucky convert it into a few cents profit. It's really a thankless task and I think that's why there are so few personal coin blogs on the internet. There just isn't that much interest in the little guy and all the big sites have taken up most of the traffic.

It's also not very profitable and let's face it, if your going to spend a lot of time snapping pics and editing posts you want to get something out of it. I don't think any coin collector that runs a blog plans on getting rich.

That's where add programs like adsense come in. The problem is these add brokers don't pay a lot of money for coin traffic. I Can blog about 1952-D wheat cents all day long and not make one red penny. Of course if I find something rare and post it, that can generate some nice traffic but it's so hard to find the rarest wheat pennies that it can literally be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I guess I'm just cranky today. Things aren't going my way and it's frustrating me. I know in the long run everything will be alright I just have to have patience and not focus to much on one website.

Comments