1949 No Mint Mark Wheat Back Pennies

 


Here are four 1949 no mint mark wheat back pennies that have been sitting in my old change jar for years. These average circulated condition pennies won't fetch much if I tried to sell them today. The market value on these old copper cents is said to be between 5 and 10 cents.

Believe it or not this is the first set of four 1949 no mint mark wheat back pennies that I've been able to post on this blog. Even after posting close to 400 pennies I still did not have four of these until now. Just goes to show how hard it is to get all of these dates and mint marks even when they are newer 1940s and 1950s coins. And yet these are still not worth much more than the more common dates that have a much larger mintage.

I think I'll hold onto them for a few decades until the price goes up. I've been slowly getting to the bottom of my collection and soon I will have to start searching for more if I want to keep this blog alive. I plan on getting at least one box of pennies from my bank each week so let's hope the old American cents keep rolling in. 

Right now it's getting pretty late here so I think I will pour myself my last glass of herbal tea and get myself in the right mood to fall asleep. I should be able to make two or three blog posts tomorrow so I will see you all on the flip side.

Comments