Dirty Old 1950-D Wheat Back Pennies From A Huge Collection

 


Here are four very old 1950-D wheat back pennies that I pulled from a huge bucket full of pennies I have stored away. I'm not even halfway through all the wheat pennies I have but this is the first four from this mint date that I've been able to post.


Not much really special here either. Notice the black mark on the penny that's on the bottom left, the obverse side of this one and the reverse side of the top right penny both have these dirt marks. I'm not sure what they are, from my experience a lot of these pennies are stuck together with glue, bug guts, snot, bubble gum or who knows what. Also it's not uncommon for people to put out cigarettes on pennies for some reason. This leaves all kinds of stains and dirt and just about every type of grime on a penny that you can think of.


I still say you shouldn't try to clean these wheat back pennies though. Once you try to sell them you can start thinking about if you want to do minimal cleaning or not. But more often than not when you try to clean a coin you end up taking some of the metal off, so it's not an undertaking to take lightly.

Comments