Daylight Photos Of 1944 No Mint Mark Wheat Back Pennies


 

Here are four more examples of 1944 no mint mark wheat back pennies. I love to collect these old American wheat cents. As you can tell from this image there is very little light glare on these circulated condition pennies. That's because I took this photo outside. Even on a cloudy day using an older android phone I feel these photos look much better than the ones I take indoors, so in the future I will endeavor to only shoot pics outside.


This will be hard for me because of my work schedule but I will do my best to make plans ahead of time so I can keep this blog updated.


Notice the green tint on some of these brown coins, I'm not sure what it is but I believe it may be some sort of oxidation. I have found some coins that came from a wishing well fountain that looked much worse, so covered in the green crust that you couldn't make out the mint dates or marks. 


I've seen some nickels that were so bad you couldn't even tell the Era the coin was minted because Jefferson's head was completely obscured on the obverse side of the coin. I think further research will lead to a complete blog post about types of natural coin wear and the effects of the elements on circulated condition coins sometime in the near future.

Comments